All Cool Vehicles were designed in the 1960's, or earlier
The X-15's record has since been broken by the X43. Which was unmanned.
The X43 project has since been canned. Spaceship 1 also broke the X-15's
- Concorde - the only vehicle I can ever personally hope to break the
sound barrier in. Nearly lost my chance, due to a single crash in the
late 1990's, since the start of commercial use in about 1973. Finaly did
lose it in 2003.
- Boeing 747 - First flown in 1968, its incredible fuel efficiency pretty
much made our everyone-can-fly air-travel network possible.
- Space Shuttle - First flown in 1981. Due to be replaced in the
1990's (sic), with the space plane.
- X-15 - an experimental rocket plane which still holds all the
speed and altitude records for a winged vehicle. Designed starting in about
1958, flown in the early 1960's, by Neil Armstrong, among others.
- Turbine powered car - mid-1950s, only 3 prototypes built.
- Dymaxion car - Designed/built in about 1934, only 2 built, one
destroyed in accident which unfortunately killed someone famous and ruined
- Apollo/Saturn 5 - First flown in 1968, landed on the moon in 1969,
last flight in 1972. 15 built, 2 still exist, in museums [mausoleums].
- SR-71 -
- U-2 -